Friday, January 8, 2010

Therapy Day

Thursdays at the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry have fondly become known to me as "therapy day". Like a good therapy session, I find myself coming out of there with tears in my eyes triggered by a new revelation of a deeper work that Poppa God is doing in my life. And like a good therapy session you find yourself asking, "Crying again?!" as you marvel at the depth and breadth of your own inner healing work that we seem to naively think is always over before it ever really started.

At first I didn't understand why these "sessions" seemed to always occur on Thursdays (except that my "therapist" must like keeping His appointment days consistent :). Thursdays are the day we go out on outreach. My outreach is to a local faith-based drug rehabilitation center for women. It has been an amazing privilege to see what God is doing in these women's lives. This past Thursday a woman testified of the deliverance, provision and miraculous breakthrough that she has been experiencing as she is looking forward to graduation from the program. This is the same women who God highlighted to me the very first day we went to the outreach. I remember noticing how hard she looked and how defensive she seemed. Hearing her yesterday, was like watching a completely different person. She was light and bright and joyful and content! She brought tears to the eyes of her peers that certainly had witnessed first hand the glorious transformation that this woman went through. The amazing thing was that she credited it all to God. This woman who found God within the walls of a drug rehab at the lowest time in her life knew without a shadow of a doubt that God's love is real and powerful. She is now walking in her true identity as daughter of the King and she knows it!

So I have come to accept that Thursday's are "therapy" days and I know now that His working in me is a parallel process with the work He is doing through me! My experience is that you can't have one without the other if you want to be an effective minister of His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment