Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Letting Go and Getting low . . .

"Now you might ask: "What does this have to do with God? I thought prayer was supposed to be talking to God or searching for God. You seem to be saying that prayer is first of all all about me and getting myself out of the way?"

That is exactly what I am saying. God is already present. God's Spirit is dwelling within you. You cannot search what you already have. You cannot talk God into 'coming' into you by longer and more urgent prayers. All you can do is become quieter, smaller, and less filled with your own self and its flurry of ideas and feelings. Then God will be obvious in the very now of things."

I'm reading Richard Rohr's Simplicity - The Freedom of Letting Go. This quote was from page 45.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is such a powerful quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Book!!! I have it and read it. Awesome quote....

    ReplyDelete